We were discharged Saturday morning. We had a pretty good day. Lots of rest and quality time with James' dad, sister, and our nephews. For this, we are thankful.
Around nine thirty on Saturday night, I attempted to flush the line to the port to start his antibiotic. As I pushed the saline into the line, James cried out in pain. This is uncommon so I called Dr. C. Due to the swelling around the line and the tenderness/pain, she sent us to the ER. We were admitted at midnight, just fourteen hours after our discharge.
Blood cultures were drawn, lab work, and more antibiotics. Today, we learned the cultures have come back positive. The port needs to come out. A new pic line will be placed. This should be an uneventful procedure. Our only hiccup would be James' low platelet count. He will have a platelet transfusions pre-op, in the OR, and post-op.
Prayer request -
- Pray for an easy procedure without complication
- Pray for James' team of doctors
- Pray for those hurting and struggling to deal with James' health condition. May the Lord become evident and real to them. Ask Him to cover them with peace.
- Pray for patience for the patient's wife...they are trivial gripes but I am so tired. Exhausted physically, mentally, emotionally. This has been a long road.
- Pray for those along the east coast still struggling.
- For sending His Son
- For unfailing, unconditional love
- For carrying James and I this far
- For every nurse, PCA, and doctor caring for James
- For our church family! They brought Thanksgiving dinner to us since we were unable to attend yesterday afternoon. So thoughtful, so kind. It is a small church BIG on love. We are so grateful for everyone there!!!
I will update again after the procedure!
Much love and appreciation to all!!!