Dr. L called yesterday to let us know she presented his case downtown and had a response from a doc regarding an alternative route. We had a consultation with Dr. HJ today to learn about the new treatment. The new treatment involves a big surgery on the abdomen to eliminate all the new growth floating around. If we get clearance and participation from James' original liver surgeon, we will be headed for this surgery by the end of August. This treatment plan is still considered a clinical trial but is no longer in the Phase I stage. Dr. HJ said she has not encountered problems with insurance. Please pray for the following:
- The liver surgeon to agree to this treatment plan.
- We can stabilize James' disease until surgery.
- Insurance will not cause a hiccup and will cover this procedure.
So as of now, we are waiting for an appointment with the liver surgeon. His decision will determine what road we take....New treatment or Radiation.
In other news, James and I are Vacation Bible School group leaders at our church this week. James only survived Monday but will return tomorrow. Please pray he can finish out the week with his group!